Saturday, August 06, 2005

Listening to: Xiu Xiu Xiu - Ocean

Last night = BEST birthday bash I've ever had

I had arranged to meet Jen at orchard last night for dinner at Jack's place. We were supposed to meet at Taka Library coz I needed to borrow/return books. We arrived at the same time :p which was a very good start.

Now, I had to explain that I was in one of my depressive pits before I went to meet Jen. Was, in fact, half tempted to cancel coz I was so.. tired. I cheered up when I saw her though (mainly coz she was on time. haha) Nah. it was the way we "met" I was entering the lift when I heard her call my name :p so coincidental.

And guess what! "OMG CK!" (he walked in behind Jen) surprise surprise. I think Jen asked if he had dinner and he said no. So we dragged him along.
Then Tim came to the library to look for us coz I had asked Jen to check if he was free. So he "teleported" down. LOL. nah. he took a cab to meet us.
So I was.. relatively happy. And we all left the library to head to Jack's Place.
Only to bump into Shimin at the lift. I kinda entered the lift and didnt pay attn to who was in there. but Jen squealed.. so it was then i realized min was there :p
Soo.. we trooped down to Jack's Place and I was telling Jen it was wonderful coz our "2-person outing" became a party of 5. Then Min said something about her meeting Meng (that's why she was there, she said)

Soo.. my expected table for 2, became a table for 6 :p
Dinner was fun. I had the bloody (literally) steak I was craving for. It was good steak.. unlike that rubber-imitating-steak at Cafe Cartel. Min and Meng were having totally different conversations from the rest of the table at some point.. while the rest of us were talking abt a certain prof with a really weird name ( I will not say it here. but it was the butt of jokes the rest of the night), Min and Meng were talking about Meng's German supervisor :p and certain stuff about seeing half naked guys from her lab (it overlooks a rehab centre apparently)
Midway through dinner, Meng told me it was all planned. That life, honestly, isn't as coincidental as I thought it was. :p Jen had arranged for them to be at certain spots of orchard! *hugs jen* though it didnt happen exactly as she had planned it ( I was supposed to bump into Min at taka, THEN into CK and Tim at Paragon) Tim was like "Ohh, that was my station?" I laughed. but all was well coz it truely was coincidental the way we bumped into each other, ya get what I mean.
And they all wrote nice lil short birthday notes to me *dances* except Tim's was more like a composition/essay *laugh*
And Jen and Min got me a lil ting that said "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy" *laugh* ok, that's so me.

They got me a slice of Tiramisu (another surprise) and I thank the 2 of them for not getting the restaurant to play the cheesey birthday song (honestly, ppl with violent tendencies cannot listen to that song! *shudder*)

Made a wish, blew out the candle.. including the candle on the table :p
Then we trotted down to Acid Bar.. decided it was too drab after a drink.. and hopped over to Dubs.
They doused me with a burning waterfall. Then I had 3 shots of oatmeal raisin cookie *yum* and surprisingly I didnt even feel high. So we had a few more drinks here and there (Tim was egging me on.. he was! "if you drink this, i'll drink it with you" he said) We left at.. 12.30am?

I totally overdid it =( a cocktail, a burning waterfall and 7 shooters. no joke. Thank goodness I didnt accept Tim's offer of a flaming lumbo. *groan* I was telling Tim, never again. I left the pub and threw up in the cab. Tim stayed with me all the way and I've never been more grateful for his presence. Eternal gratitude for taking care of me last night :p

A million thanks to Jenny for arranging it all *hugs*
A thousand thanks to Tim for being my cab partner once again and making sure I was safe home (even though I now live on the other side of the country)
A million apologies to Tim for last night =/ No more Tequila. If I ever say I want some EVER again, knock me unconcious to stop me or something.
And many MANY thanks to CK, Meng and Min for coming. and apologies to CK (he was our credit card person) for burning your credit this month man. I hope your dad doesnt yell at you.

Let's do this again soon. with less alcohol :p
Thanks guys!

Pics/Vids at Jen's blog! go see go see!

No comments: