Sunday, October 15, 2006

Listening to: If you're gone - Matchbox 20

I bought a new phone today so I'm feeling very poor. And considering this purchase came soon after the $1200 ticket to sydney (which I purchased barely a week or 2 ago).. well, let's just say I doubt I'd have much to spend in Sydney (if any)

It was a toss up between the motorala v3x (for $298) and the samsung SGH-X820 (for $198). I went for the latter because it was cheaper and MUCH slicker. Screw the 3G. I don't really need 3G functions.. chances are I'd play with the video calls etc for 2 weeks or so before it gets tossed in my bag and i'd just call/sms with it.

I haven't had the opportunity to test the functionality of the phone because i'm charging the batteries in this nifty lil batt charger than comes along with it - but a brief glance tells this much: It's FLAT (hell it's thinner than my bra strap), it looks quite fragile, and it's prolly lighter than the user guide that came with it. I mean, it IS only 6.9mm thick and even the charger looks like a small namecard holder..

I think I need thinner bra straps.
Ok. That was a random thought..

My aunt bets I'll drop/damage/multilate/destroy/squash/crack etc it in less than 1 month. The phone, I mean.

That aside, I think I will stay home and let my bank account recuperate for the next few months.

No comments: