Friday, June 26, 2009

I spent much of the day doing research on dog parties.

See, Genie's Bdae is next week and I figured that perhaps, just perhaps, I can do up a small birthday party for her.

After reading up on ideas for parties and calling a few places, I realised it was simply too expensive :(

For one, a party pack for 6 dogs, including the doggie cake at U.S. Dog Bakery costs $65. And I can't possible let the humans starve, right? Minimum cost for catering the fingerfood is $200.

I'm not spending $300 on a dog party. Hell, I don't spend that much on MY own birthdays.

*big sigh* Maybe I'll just order a small cake for 5 bucks, or hey, bake my own and have a small celebration in the house with the family. It's a miracle she's lived to a year old considering all the rubbish she's swallowed. But it's not fun if she can't run around with other dogs, right?

I figured perhaps this weekend's Westie Club outing will make up as party, sorta. The westie owners from the forum are meeting at Tanjong Beach tomorrow morning. I thought it'd be great fun. I managed to convince Melvin to go (He wasn't very keen cos it's so far). But it all kinda went Kaplut! when his dad said he needed the car. *sadpanda*

*sigh*

And work has just been.. how do I describe it? AAAARRRGGHHHHH.

Right. That about sums it up.

There's been a small outbreak of H1N1 confirmed infections in my school. I'm not going to type the name out here because I *know* they use Google Analytics to track what's been said about the school. I *know* because I get the report regularly on the issues highlighted by our students on their blogs. If anyone from work is reading this, get off my blog, please. This doesn't concern you.

Anyhow. In the past few days, we have had upset parents, students, concerned whoeverdamnelse, calling/emailing the school. Demanding that we stop all classes.
"How can you be so irresponsible?" asked a parent. "My child's life is precious!" And there I was thinking "and sure, only your child's life is precious. The rest of us working staff are chopped liver"

I mean, for fuck's sake, look at the facts. We have over 10,000 students. and to date, less than 20 cases. Count that in percentage and tell me if it's significant. We've already sent all the year 1s home. And yes, the cases are from year 1s only so far.

The bloody virus isn't airborne, you uneducated dickheads, you can't get the virus in your system by breathing in air from the same aircon system. If someone in the next block gets it, you're not going to get it unless he sneezes in your damn face!

Geez.

All this bloody panic for a damn flu. It's JUST A FLU. Get over it people. It's not SARS. It's just about as fatal as the common flu and you don't see people panicking over a common flu now do you?

Fucking annoyed.

No comments: