Thursday, August 12, 2010

And so it is, I'm now a year older (and hopefully, wiser).

It was particularly sweet birthday, though it cost Melvin a bomb and his wallet will spend the next few months recuperating.

We went out in the afternoon for a bit of shopping. I didn't manage to find anything I liked in particular. Nothing I need, really. Though on hindsight, I should have asked for an electric toothbrush. THAT, I need. You girls see how romantic we are? The conversation would have went like:

Melvin:: What would you like for your birthday?
Cat: A toothbrush.

Anyway, since I didn't find anything I liked in particular, he paid for my online shopping instead ^^ Got some items, out of which 25% I will never wear. Don't ask... it looked pretty on the model, but made me look like I was wearing a curtain. Or a sack. Or a prostitute. Depending on which item..

And we went for dinner at The sail@Marina. It was quite romantic, really. We had a private corner of our own that faced the Marina Barrage. Food was average with a not-so-average price tag. Wine and some bubbly. Good bread.

What really made it special was the National Day rehearsals going on at the Barrage :P I got to see fireworks! I mean, I've seen fireworks before in Sydney.. but the whole dinner, wine, fireworks combi... felt good.

I had a coronary when the bill came, though. And complained about it the entire ride home. I mean, it's his treat and he kept saying it's for my birthday so it's OK. But GAaaah I'm never going there again. I can eat for a month what we spent on dinner that night.

No comments: