Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I had this particular conversation with a colleague today. She asked me if I was enjoying the whole teaching experience. It's been a tiring three days.. but I told her, quite honestly, that they were little monkeys. Albeit adorable ones..

Her advice? Wait a year and my description of the kids will be very different.

The principal also seems rather nice. friendly. gave alot of advice..

In fact, the teachers, on the whole, are very supportive. Offering to help out with this and that.. answering my many stupid questions (umm.. do you call his mom if you catch the boy cheating in spelling?.. oh.. and umm..how DO you teach composition to 9 year olds..). I suppose the politicking doesn't apply unless you're working there full time.

The volume of marking is... a..nightmare.. to say the least. I marked from 1pm (after class) to 5.30pm... went home, had dinner, then marked from 7.30pm to 10.30pm. And I was quite surprised at the concentration needed for marking. Everytime I get distracted, I'll forget where I'd stopped...

And this is without all the admin work a full time teacher needs to do.
*headache*

I still have 2 months to decide.

No comments: