Saturday, April 26, 2014

I hate needles

I was apprehensive about the daily injections but thought I could do it with no issue. I spent the night visualising how I'll self inject my medication. And thought 'Urgh. should be no biggie'.

Then this morning came, and I sat there with needle in hand.. for a long time.
I couldn't do it.

I didn't even want to put the tip of the needle near my skin, much less puncture though and inject.

So I did what I did best. Sit there, Panic and Cry.

Melvin said he'll do the jab for me but I didn't trust him with the needle. I was starting to get a little hysterical, really. I know I needed to get the jab done, but I didn't want to do it and I didn't trust him to get it done well.

In the end, he made me close my eyes while he tried to inject the Lucrin into my lower abdomen.

And...

It wasn't as bad as I'd anticipated it to be.

Of course I had my eyes shut the entire time and I was biting his hair.. but that's not the point.

At least now I know I can trust him to get it done every morning and I'm thankful for it.

Though now he says I can't piss him off cos he is in charge of the needles. zzz. Husbands.

No comments: