Sunday, May 04, 2014

It's been a busy week with the exams coming up. Tons of revision papers plus the usual mad rush of syllabus.
Melvin's been waking up early every morning to give me my Lupron jab. Some days it hurts, some days not at all. I've been a wimp and we use ice to numb the injection site prior to the jab.

We woke up late today, it being a weekend and all. And I got impatient while waiting for him to give me my jab... so I did it myself. Ha!

I'm proud of myself for succeeding, of course. And I did it more in irritation than anything. It was a 'Haiyo, take so long... may as well DIY... *jab*' It didn't quite occur to me that jabbing myself may be more painful than normal (The needle didn't go in very fast...) And I only slightly regretted it while inserting the needle midway. But hey, I got it done. No fuss.

I'm hoping that my blood test on Monday will show that my estrogen levels are sufficiently suppressed and we can move on the stimulation stage. Though from all the blogs and forums, it seems quite unlikely  that estrogen levels will be low enough after 10 days of Lupron. Read some lady even did it for 18 days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Don't want to go through another blood test because it means I'll need to take time off school AGAIN. And with the children's exams coming up... yaknow. I worry.

I was a lil miffed at my Principal. But I suppose she needs to do what a school leader needs to go. I informed her of my IVF thing because I had to. Because I need to take time off some mornings and there is that projected 2 week hospitalisation leave so she'll need to prep to get a relief teacher in.

She asked if I can postpone the IVF to June.

Mmm, I suppose the natural reaction would be 'wtf?' but I know where she was coming from. It's a hassle getting a relief teacher in. Plus we are all thinking of how to best do this without affecting my class.

I had to explain to her that I was doing mine at SGH and there was a waiting list.

She then made a remark that if I went to a private hospital, I can do it anytime.

I reminded her that the $6k government grant for IVF doesn't cover private hospitals.

Afterwhich she made some remark about needing a million bucks to raise a child anyways, so what is $6k?

I just smiled at her at that point and agreed. But was getting quite annoyed. Yes I know it's expensive to raise a child. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't make use of the grant, right? And why should I go to the private hospital just so the school doesn't need to get a relief teacher? My projected 2 week off is AFTER the exams anyway. Not like I'll be away just before or during their papers.

I mean, come on la. If I didn't NEED IVF to get pregnant, why on earth would I spend the time, effort and money to do so? And why should I need to consult the school calendar when planning for pregnancy? You have GOT to be kidding me.

So yes, I'm irritated with my school principal.

No comments: