Tuesday, November 18, 2014

When others want to shine

Those who know me well know that I am perfectly fine when someone else has a spotlight. In fact.. I'm perfectly happy being in the background for most.

But when I've slogged a full year for a research project, I expect to be given some credit, at least.

The first 2 lessons of the project was crafted as a team. Then I did the next two on my own. It was sent to the team for 'comments', but.. other than my RO, no one really gave comments..

I did all resources on my own. I planned the timing for all the recording. I even recorded the data for my teammates to analyse.

Then we had a presentation today and I was supposed to talk about the project with one of the team mates...

Then somehow she took over and made it seem like it was her who did the bulk of the work. "WE" met up with the professors, "WE" planned the lessons according to the rigorous structure etc. She even took over the portion I was supposed to present when all she did was crunch data. There was no mention of me being the research teacher at all. So I was rudely shoved aside, figuratively.

I mean, she wants the spotlight.. go ahead la. I'm not keen on climbing the ladder, but at least give my name a mention for all the work I've done...

Incredibly upset.

No comments: