Friday, February 27, 2004

And welcome to another adventure of " the girl who cannot cook!"

*wrinkles nose* I'm all tired out from cleaning up the kitchen..

see, I was reading my notes and i had this craving for wedges.. and none was to be found. I -did- remember seeing frozen fries in the freezer though, so i figured," hey... can't be THAT hard to fry potatoes!" RIGHT. Being on a diet, i figured i could do my own fries w/o using too much oil, ya knoe. So i went in serach of a frying pan thing ( which i found very quickly, so i took this to be a good sign). I had wanted to coat the pan with oil.. erm.. i kinda poured too fast and the pan was covered in 1cm of oil. then i figured, " what the hell... those were meant to be deep fried anyway..".. so i took this handful of frozen fries and dumped them on a plate before I put the rest back in the freezer. Right. So far so good. I was waiting for the oil to heat up and figured as soon as it does, i'll just dump the fries into the pan and flip them around. NOthing to it. RIGHT. What i did not anticipate was the flurry of oil spurting ALL over the place *sigh* the minute the fries went in, i heard a sizzle, then a crackling sound... and i backed off from the pan.. THEN things got out of control. I was standing in the corner.. not knowing what to do.. i mean, it was HOT oil! i certainly didnt want to walk near that party of dancing hot oil and flip the fries... after the sizzling went down, i ran to the stove and turned off the heat. then i ran back to my corner and stood there for another few seconds to make sure there weren't gonna be any surprises. Surprisingly, the fries turned out alrite. all the time i stood there watching, they kinda turned cripsy golden brown. Which was good. what was bad was the state of the kitchen.. there was.. erm.. oil all over the stove.. oil on the walls.. oil on the floor... on the table.. yep. so i spent like one hour cleaning the place up. had to clean the whole place quite a few times coz it was SO oily. Anyway, i gotta go take a bath now.. wash my hair and all. Don't fancy going to the choir concert tonight with oil in my hair.

And If i EVER mention about wanting to do fries on my own again, shoot me.

No comments: