Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Listening to: Breathe - Blu Cantrell Feat. Sean Paul

I've noticed that I don't talk about Melvin all that much anymore. be it on the blog, or in my daily life. *ponders* Sometimes I wonder why it turned out to be this way. When you read blogs, there would be regular mentions of the "other half", so to speak.

It's not like you don't see his name at all. He just doesnt get mentioned.. much. His name pops up sporadically at the weirdest, most insignificant bits.

We had a conversation just now where he had me in tears in less than 5 minutes (which he apologized for) and promptly made up for it in less than 10 by making me laugh so hard, my sides ached.

And perhaps he is right. We complement each other rather well, but we simply, somehow, can't seem to communicate with each other. He, being afraid of how I'd react to certain things, chooses to keep certain stuff from me. Not lying per se.. more like conscious omittance of certain information. Or choosing to say stuff a certain way so i don't "take things the wrong way". And when I DO find out the bare truth, all hell breaks loose. Then I react by purposely omitting certain information myself. tit-for-tat. childish, yes. he says it's lame reasoning, but hey. That's the way I operate, mister. Anyhow, things then snowball to a point whereby we subconsciously dance around the main problem and never really TELL each other stuff.

Then Melvin will play the role of a brave fool and try to tackle the problem.

So far so good. I haven't clobbered him yet. And he hasn't lost his voice by spending an hour trying to get ONE point through. He IS long-winded =( what he spends an hour going on and on about, I can summarize in one sentence.

Our conversations are mostly like this:

Melvin: "blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah Blah blah.."

Me: *eyes glaze over* "hold up. what you mean is blah and blah"

Melvin: *pause* yeah.

Me :*sigh*

*laugh* that naggiest guy alive, i'd bet.
God. how come I can be so annoyed with him at times, and feel/act like a complete sap at others?..
How can 2 ppl, so OBVIOUSLY not suited for each other (be it values, family background or personalities), be in bloody love?

life's a big fucking freakshow.

No comments: