Monday, August 01, 2005

Listening to: Josh Groban - My Confession

Note to self: Need new songs.

Note to Jen: Send pls

Note to KF: where's that Twins song you said you'd help me get?

Note to Lianne: I want an SMU scholarship toooo.. (yeah RIGHT. if I ever get something like that, you can be certain the world's screwed over thrice)

Note to Marc: Be a Man *laughs* do the right fing! i.e. talk to her!

Note to Fongky: Thanks man( girl, whatever). for the talk.

Note to Jeremy: :p you remembered!

The good news is --> I've landed (begged/cajoled/charmed/batted eyelashes) myself into something remotely related to lab. One of the NUS profs is willing to take me in for a lil bit of training, at minimal pay. Part Time. ( all the better :p free time)

The Bad news --> only until October cause the "extra" grant money lasts only till then.

Even worse news --> I don't even know what i'm jumping into EXACTLY. For all you know, I'd be begging to head back to admin work after a week.

I like science. i DO. it's just.. research itself.. ya know. doesn't exactly.. suit my tastes. Come on guys, I'm like the laziest person on earth. Work just aint my cuppa tea. and the only reason why i don't want to do admin is coz it's soo.. "O"level, if ya get what I mean. I didnt spend 3 years in Uni to take a O level job .. ya know. But overall, admin isn't THAT bad. it's brainless and suited for lazy ppl like me.

Somehow, research just sounds better (which is a very lame reason for wanting that job). and yes, I dont have passion for it. Nor do I -really- want a PhD. Most PhD holders have screwy brains which I will nvr understand. they are of the intellectuals, I am not. so I will nvr fit in.
The prof did say there isnt much pt in doing lab work unless you want to get a PhD and draw lotsa money a month. okay, so she didnt say anything abt the money.. I was thinking it tho :p

I'm not the kind who would hand my life over to work. therefore, research isnt the way to go.
But hey, it's an opportunity! so i'm gonna give it a shot. and prolly end up taking some part-time marketing/business course as well (i'm gonna have to look at course fees.. class times.. "sponsorship" *giggles*)

Even more upheaval in my life. great.

No comments: