Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Gaah, feels like dying.

I took a 2-week break from gym and decided to get started again today.. Made the mistake of assuming I can pick up where I left off. Noooo. bad idea. Had to downgrade the weights by 1 or 2 notches and I couldn't even do 2.4km in 17minutes. Took me a whole of 18minutes and by the time my 30minute timer was up, I barely made the 4km mark.

I mean, before the break, I could finish that distance without all that gasping and wheezing.

Then it was thigh machine time before Melvin (My personal slave driver) made me use the crunch machine before finishing with squats.

I don't know. It sounds like alot, doesn't it? When I say Machines, it means I do 3 sets of 30.
Yet my progress for weight loss is so slow. It's been 4 months and the scale hasn't moved much.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I mean, it's not like I eat alot. Two/Three meals (sometimes I don't bother having dinner because I get back from gym at 9.30pm) and I allow myself a cookie a day for tea. A small 50 calorie cookie. I make it a point to estimate the calorie intake and somehow the whole input/output doesn't seem to add up.

Give up.

No comments: