Wednesday, December 09, 2009

I was talking to Marcus over MSN about the End-of-Year Bonus, or lackthereof, when it really hit me.

It's 1/4 month, capped at $750.

Do you have any idea how sad that is?

Let's say your pay is $2500 per month. 1/4 month bonus means you'd only be getting $625. CPF it and your take home bonus = $500.

Now, lets assume you've made a booking for a one-night spa retreat at Batam before finding out about this sad truth. The spa retreat costs $410. Throw in the fact that you have a cousin's birthday coming up and you need to buy him a present.

I mean, that's it. Year end bonus depleted just like that.

*hides face* I can't believe I've spent my year end bonus even before I receive it.

You know, these bonuses used to pay for my ONE MONTH Dec holidays in Sydney when Melvin was still studying there. It's been reduced to a one night stay in Batam.

How sad is that?

No comments: