Monday, May 26, 2014

1dp3dt

Finally did the embryo transfer yesterday morning. 
Previously, they mentioned that we had 6 fertilised eggs. Seems that one caught up and we had 7 on Sunday morning. :)

But only 3 were good quality ones.
We had one 8-cell embryo, one 7-cell and one 6-cell. All were grade 2. The rest had quite abit of fragmentation so the embryologist suggested that we discard them (Noooo, my embies!)

We transferred 2 embryos and decided to freeze the 6-cell one. I really wanted all three inside me. But our Ministry of Health had set a maximum of 2 embryos for women below the age of 37. They didn't want multiples because it could cause health complications for mother and babies.

I find the transfer more taxing than the retrieval because the embryo transfer required me to have a full bladder. Urgh. Any idea how it feels to need to pee really bad, then have something stuck inside you AND a u/s thing pressing on your bladder? Quite unpleasant. I kept telling Dr Yu and Nurse Xing Li that I was going to pee right there, on the table.

They showed us our embies on the screen, then proceeded to transfer. The entire time I was thinking.. HURRY I'M GOING TO PEE. 

Then transfer was done. Dr Yu was very careful, I think, despite the writhing patient on the table. She showed a tremendous amount of patience... If I were a doctor, I'd be irritated with me as a patient.

I think then they tried to show me the ultrasound and point out where the airbubble (and the embryos) were. Mmm at that point, I stopped caring. Couldn't even focus on the screen.

The minute Dr Yu took those instruments out from me and said the transfer were complete, I jumped off the table. yes, jumped. and ran for the toilet. Caused quite abit of alarm, I think, the frantic rush off the table. Melvin said he hope I didn't drop the embryos even before we left the procedure room. I don't think so though. I mean, regular pregnant ladies still walk around (and they do still need to pee), and they still remained pregnant.

I spent the rest of the day feeling bloated and crampy. I hope the cramping doesn't prevent implantation. Read somewhere that it affects implantation, but can't find that link now.

Keeping my fingers crossed. It's only 1 day past the 3 day transfer (1dp3dt) and I'm starting to obsess.

No comments: