Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Triggering Tonight

I did an ultrasound this morning and it has been determined that I should trigger tonight, with my egg retrieval on Thursday.

Mrs Lim (the science HOD) commented something about being like a chicken and producing eggs. It made me laugh.

I currently have one follicle in the lead (27mm) but that one is going to be sacrificed for the 4 or 5 at 18mm. Melvin has named that the "overenthusiastic follicle". Alas, that overachiever is going be lost because it'll be overdone by the time we retrieve on Thursday.

So at 9pm tonight, I'll be doing my trigger shot (10 000 units of Pregnyl). That's right 10 000. Sounds like alot, huh? I've also heard that it'll hurt ALOT compared to my Lupron jabs.

Not looking forward to this. Because my lupron jabs hurt enough as it is.

Looks like I'll have to start icing the area at 8.55pm. 

The nurse kept reminding me to inject at 9pm sharp, because ovulation happens around 35 -36 hours after trigger. So we don't want to trigger too early (and all my previous eggs get released before the retrieval) or trigger too late (and get immature eggs)

Here's some info on Pregnyl

Pregnyl® (chorionic gonadotropin for injection USP) is a highly purified pyrogen-free preparation obtained from the urine of pregnant females.( This essentially means you're injecting something that comes from preggo pee)

Adverse Reactions
Headache, irritability, restlessness, depression, fatigue, edema, precocious puberty, gynecomastia, pain at the site of injection ( no kidding?)

I can currently feel my ovaries because things are quite swollen in there. And my back aches.
Here's keeping my finger crossed for more eggs with good quality.

So that is anything goes wrong, we know it's the sperm that caused it.

No comments: