Friday, June 06, 2014

Getting back into shape

I stopped going to gym soon after starting the long protocol for IVF.

Sure, I could have gone. In fact, I could have gone to gym until egg retrieval. And trust me, I tried a few times.

It just didn't work out because the injection site would ACHE just after fifteen minutes of body combat. And doing bodypump while feeling icky from the jabs... well, it was just unpleasant. So I stopped going.

I went today, to try and get into the groove again.

I lasted ten minutes in the core workout class before I started feeling faint and had to head out to sit down. Then I went extremely tortoise-like slow on the treadmill (walked, really) and even then, I was exhausted after 10 - 15 minutes.

After 6 weeks of missing gym, this is what I've been reduced to.

It will definitely take awhile to get myself back into shape. Then I can be ready for the next round of IVF.

No comments: