Wednesday, June 04, 2014

10dp3dt - It's over

I started spotting last night, and it increased to a very light flow this morning.

Gave CARE clinic a call and was told to head down immediately for my blood test. Nurse Xing Li then asked me to stay for the afternoon to wait for the results.. said it was in case they had to adjust my meds.

Two hours later, I was ushered into a room where they told me the test was negative. The nurse tried to tell me as gently as she could and even gave me a hug and all.

I was surprisingly not TOO upset. I mean, I was disappointed, but I wasn't like hysterical or anything. Suppose it's because I already knew in my heart since that negative pregnancy test on 8dp3dt.

I think Melvin was still hoping for the best this morning. Guess he didn't trust my gut feeling until he saw the numbers.

Oh well.. they've set another appointment with Dr Yu for us in July. Need to do a review, I think.

We'll def try IVF again. But I may postpone it till Dec to avoid taking too many MCs during school term. Don't want the Principal to come make remarks about how the pupils should come first (as opposed to your own life, eh?). I'm thinking of applying for 6 month no pay leave... focus on the IVF without having to worry about the numerous tests, appointments etc. Does this make sense? I know it doesn't make FINANCIAL sense, but I really hate to go seek permission to leave the school for this test, that appointment etc.

I've done more than 5 blood tests and 5 scans for this IVF round. All of which had to be done in the morning, so had to get time off, then rushed back to school. You include that 2 week hospitalisation leave and 2 day egg retrieval MC.. *shudder* My poor class. Thankfully most of this was after their exams.

Really don't want to repeat this during school term this year. December it is, then maybe a 6 month no pay leave.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cath, very sorry to hear abt the bfn. I just got my bfn yesterday too. Cried my eyes out.. :((( I hope to start my next ivf cycle as soon as I can, since I quit my job to do this. I was working in a school too so I know it's really disruptive to do ivf during school term. Well, I guess there's really nothing much we can do for now but to take care and get ready for the next cycle! Jia you!! :)

Cath said...

I'm sorry for your BFN and hope you can start your next cycle soon! I'm going to stop for awhile, and hit the gym again.