Monday, June 16, 2014

Healing

I've finally calmed down enough to make another post.

Melvin has spent the past week trying to make things right. We went to a marriage counselor (Dr Jessica Leong) who was so good, she pinpointed the problem in half an hour. She says we just need another two sessions with her and told us not to waste anymore money on counselors.

I guess she's right. I've closed off from him the past year. I mean, we share the mundane stuff, but that's about it. And it's because I've been so drained when I come back from school. She also tells me my disappointment in him (in several areas) is showing.. that pushes him away.

She also has her work cut out for his single session with her. I think he has quite a number of issues that needs to be worked through. We haven't made that second appointment yet, but we definitely will see her either next week or the week after.

We went to the lawyers to get a post nuptial agreement done up. It's in the works... but basically states that I get the house, the kids, and other things if I were to file a writ of divorce based on unreasonable behavior.

We are mending. slowly.

No comments: