Sunday, April 05, 2015

Starting research on renovation

We expect to collect the keys to our new place sometime this year, so we have been spending our weekends meeting up with various interior designers to get ideas.

Some of the designers we met (e.g one design werkz, vegas interior) were more forthcoming with ideas. They let us know what would work, and what wouldn't. And we learnt quite abit from those 2 IDs. The ID from one design werkz just wants us to pay for the design first, then work out a quote later on. Which is, super.. weird. I'm not doing anything unless everything is down in black and white. I don't want for pay 3k for pretty drawings of a house to find that I can't afford to do the reno itself. The ID from Vegas was very detailed in her explanation, which helped us a lot, particularly when we didn't know what we want. But she also spent time bitching about some other companies, which put me off. soo... yeah.

We also spoke to representatives from Gaia Living (the showroom was impressive, the salesguy.. nope.), and 3D innovations. Gaia Living and 3D innovations will get back to us with their quotation this week.

After speaking to 4 - 5 of them, we have a better idea of what we want in terms of design and materials. At least we have contacts and when we finally do decide on the items, we'd be able to get more accurate quotes.

It's been a busy few weeks and it'll just be busier until this whole reno thing is over and done with.

I'll post ideas here as and when I get inspired, I think. Then you guys can let me know if you think it's OK.

Right, so I'm going to spend the rest of the night figuring out whether I want granite, quartz, solid surface, kompacplus or laminate for my kitchen counter tops. >.> I hate making decisions.

No comments: