Friday, April 08, 2016

28+ Weeks

Today was my school's sports day. It was uncomfortably warm and extremely tiring, but I am thankful that the event team planned light duties for me. All I did was accompany my class to the stadium and did some data/scoring thing for the track events.

I was supposed to see Dr Tan yesterday but she had to reschedule me to this afternoon because one of her patients went into labour. Melvin was annoyed the whole of yesterday afternoon. He wasn't annoyed because we had been rescheduled, really. Because he knows this things can't be helped. She IS a gynae and her job is to be there to assist with delivery. He was annoyed because we were actually home early yesterday afternoon. He'd taken 1/2 day leave and I finished school early. He'd asked me to call the clinic to see if we can pop in earlier (at about 2.30pm) but I dawdled on it. Was unwilling to call because our appointment was at 4.30pm anyway.. what's a 2-hour diff going to make?

So when we got a call from her clinic at about 3.45pm to say she needed to reschedule because one of her patients was in labour, he was way annoyed with me.

Anyhow, we managed to make the 2.45pm appointment for today. I was given a choice of 2.45pm or 4.30pm and I chose the 2.45pm appointment because I knew I wasn't going to stay back in school after the sports day. Would be too sticky/tired/thirsty etc.

Melvin managed to take leave today even though I was prepared to go alone.. so.. yay :):)

Long story short, baby is STILL measuring a week ahead. He was measuring 29 weeks and 3 or 4 days. He's supposed to be 28 weeks 5 days....
Sigh. Baby has a rolly-polly tummy. And a head at 80+ percentile. AND he already weighs 1.3kg. She says the only 'acceptable' measurement is his thigh bone.

Does this mean he has short legs compared to the rest of him then?

Baby weighs 1.3kg. Mommy here has put on 8kg and is at a whopping 63.7kg!

Dr Tan said she is going to give me one more chance to cut down on my sugar intake. If the baby is still measuring a week ahead the next scan, she'll make me do a test for gestational diabetes.

no sugar. omg. how will i survive this.......




No comments: