Thursday, June 09, 2016

37 weeks

I had one scan at about 36 weeks and was informed that the baby's tummy is larger than his head -.-
He's fat. And it's because I let go a tiny bit and had cake between the 31 week and 36 week scan. Oh not just cake.. umm.. froyo. and some juice. and some other carby stuff. pancakes. yum.

Dr Tan made me promise to cut down on my sugars once more... else she'll make me do the gestational diabetes test.

So after 1 whole week of suffering (low carb diet, low GI foods, no sugary drinks etc)... baby is back on track, weighing at about 3kg.

There's no contractions just yet so it doesn't look as though baby is coming anytime soon. But his head IS down and Dr Tan managed to feel his head when she did a cervical check. Dr Tan says he's going to be big.. judging from the size of my tummy. She said some ladies have a huge belly but most of it is due to abdominal fat. For me... there isn't much abdominal fat (you can feel literally feel where the baby is by touching).. so the size is all him. Way to give me nightmares about labour...

Just hang in there, baby. about 20 more days and you can come out. Hopefully not bursting out of my torso like an alien, though.




No comments: