Tuesday, December 15, 2015

10 weeks

We had abit of a scare on Sunday afternoon. When I say 'We', I really mean "I". Melvin didn't seem too concerned.. I started bleeding a little and feared the worst so I called the gynae, who determined it wasn't that bad, judging by my description of the minor brown bleed that covered my liner. She recommended for me to go down to KKH's 24hr O&G for a scan, just to give me a peace of mind.

What we saw was a happy little bean bouncing around its sac. Arms waving, little nubs of things punching around, that sort of thing. Melvin was quite horrified. LOL. I'm serious... his expression when he saw the thing, was one of horror. He was like "It looks human!" Or something like that, I don't remember what it was he said exactly, but it was along those lines of incredulity.

*face palm*

No idea what he expected to see. A fish, perhaps?

We followed up with our regular gynae visit the following day, and she gave us a much clearer scan. The one at KKH wasn't.. very.. clear. Machine sucks maybe.


It's side profile, head on the right. No worries if you can't tell. Because I couldn't, until the doc pointed the features out to me.

Next up, down syndrome scan in 2 to 3 weeks. I thought they only offered these tests to women above 35. Guess they are routine now...


No comments: