Tuesday, December 15, 2015

9 weeks

The next scan is so faaaaaaarr away. One more week till my next scan.

In the meantime, I'm worried. I'm worried because a close friend was telling me about how her SIL lost one recently at 9 weeks. *sigh* I'm worried because I STILL have brown discharge. I've been googling like crazy but there has been no definite answer. Some ladies carry theirs to term anyway.. while some (at their next scan) realise that there was no more heartbeat. So there is nothing much I can do but continue taking my Chinese meds, taking my progesterone, and wait.

I can see my body changing. My pants are starting to be a little too tight. So much so that I've stopped wearing them completely. Loose dresses for me, thank you.
My boobs stopped hurting a week ago, which is good. I think. Or is pregnancy symptoms disappearing a bad thing? Either way, they stopped hurting. But they are.. big-ger. My MIL noticed and commented on my.. increased... chest size. She was chortling a little too much.... and I didn't know that nipples were supposed to change colour.. Let's just say, a few days ago, I looked at myself in the mirror, and cried because my boobs don't look like my boobs anymore.

I don't have morning sickness. I have evening sickness. It starts about 6pm or 7pm, then I feel nauseated and miserable for the night. As a result, I've been extremely picky about the food I have during dinner, much to my MIL's frustration.

And I've food aversion! It's sooooo weird. For some reason, I've turned vegetarian. OK, if the meat is 'disguised', like minced meat in bolognese, I'm fine, because all I can taste is tomato. But give me like stir fried chicken.. or worse, fish fillet or a CHUNK of meat, and I gag. Vegetables are good. Carbs are good. I could live on toast or noodles. Last night, all I could manage was cream of mushroom and some baguette. I miss sushi the most.

I'm very thankful that I have YX sitting to me at work. She's entering.. mm.. no.. she is in her third trimester and a very useful source of information. She understands when I complain about being burpy (just very very gassy...) and she understands how tired I feel at work.

I hope that all goes well at next week's scan, else I would have been putting on weight for nothing.

Man, I miss sushi.

No comments: