Tuesday, December 15, 2015

7 Weeks 1 Day

The past two weeks have been tiring, to say the least.
I'm exhausted all the time and I just don't feel well. There are instances where I had to run to the loo in case I threw up. But so far so good. I have not thrown up once.

I'm supposed to bring my class out for two learning journeys this Wednesday and Friday. And I was concerned (and feeling very crappy so I was trying to find an excuse not to go). Checked with Dr Geraldine Tan and she mentioned that I should remain active so she's reluctant for me to stay home on bedrest. Oh well. I tried!

Anyway, we did a scan today and there was a heartbeat!

We could see the beating of the little heart and Dr Tan amplified the sound so we could hear it. Very...noisy.  The heartbeat was rather fast, though I read that it should beat at about 150 or 160 beats/min. I was relieved, really. Mostly because of the spotting. I wasn't sure if I'd already lost the baby and the progesterone pill was the only thing propping my lining up.  According to Dr Tan, my cervix was a little thin, and that may lead to spotting during pregnancy. The blood wasn't coming from the uterus so she wasn't worried.

Phew! Things are starting to feel real now, with the little blueberry inside measuring 0.87cm long. Melvin says it's like a little parasite. >.>

We went to Tim Ho Wan for lunch after the scan. Melvin was visibly excited. He kept looking at other babies and said something about giving birth NOW. *rolls eyes*

I must say though, I've been thoroughly spoilt the past few weeks. I would tell Melvin what I wanted to eat, then.. we go eat. It's great, really.

"I want root beer" *Melvin heads out to get root beer*
"Melon milk?" *Melvin heads out to get Melon Milk*
"I want to go out and walkwalk"  *Melvin drives me out to wherever I want*
"I want Jap food.. No wait, I want pasta. I want both!" *We head out for Jap Pasta*

*gleeful*

Chinese Doctor

I'm still taking Chinese meds. It tastes and smells horrid, but it works. Dr Tan (oh wait.. I have 2 Dr Tans..).. Chinese Doctor is Dr Tan Siew Buoy. Anyway, she took my pulse the other day and said she thinks it could be a boy. Hmmm,

For TSB, I believe in her meds because we have seen results. 6 months on her meds, and Melvin's sperm % went up. AND we managed to conceive naturally. So I'll continue seeing her, at least until I'm way into my second trimester. Fingers crossed that nothing goes wrong with this pregnancy.


Spooky story

I went to play mahjong at Ama's on Saturday. After we were done with the mahjong, she started asking me if I had "good news". Then she proceeded to tell me she dreamt she was talking to a young man who said he was her great grandchild. Then she also dreamt, for a few nights in a row, about babies. Then she mentioned something about a little girl (sorry, my hokkien isn't very fluent so I could only catch bits and pieces). So she kept telling me to take care of the baby.

I just smiled and nodded. But OMG SO FREAKY. I didn't tell her about my pregnancy at all. And I haven't seen her in two weeks so it's not like she got to observe my behaviour etc.

OMG SO FREAKY, RIGHT?

Melvin and I discussed this. As in, why on earth would she dream about such things. Coincidence? The week my little blueberry gets a heartbeat, she 'dreams' about her great grandchild. Seems a little more spooky than mere coincidence.

We are a little worried about why she got those dreams. If it's true that she got a "visit", then why is there a need to meet up in her dreams? Is it because the two won't get to meet in real life? This would mean either one would pass away, ya'know? Argh. Creepy AF. I'm trying not to think about that.

Apologies

For keeping my pregnancy a hush hush for now. By the time you read this (i.e by the time I publish this post), I'll be in my 2nd trimester. So.. um.. if you are still reading, you have quite a number of posts to catch up on. Heh.

No comments: