Tuesday, December 15, 2015

12 weeks

I had my first trimester screen and a blood test done today to check for Down Syndrome. Had to do it at NUH, though I'm not sure why my gynae couldn't handle it.

Anyway, there were specific measurements to be taken and the little one wasn't very cooperative, so the scan took longer than expected. The nurse kept jiggling the scanning device to try and make the little one move. Nope, refused. She muttered something about the fetus facing the bone and she needed it to face another direction, or something like that. I had to cough a few times to shift the fetus.

It was quite amusing, really.

*cough*  (flip)   *cough*  (flip)

Anyway, the little one is no longer a kidney bean. He/She is 5.8cm long from crown to rump. I need to find a suitable nickname for this.. thing. calling it a bean was fine when it was small. Now that it's the size of a big lime, I can't keep calling it a bean. How?


*photo edited on 22 Dec to crop out my personal details. oops.*

On most nights, I question my sanity and ask myself, "I wanted to get pregnant?! WHY?!" But that's mostly because I feel sick and miserable. I don't feel the ummm.. supposed glow. I mostly feel bloated. and sick. and I cry very much at the smallest things. I also feel fat even though I'm not showing any real tummy. And I can't fit into any of my pants.

On very bad nights, I point to Melvin and tell him it's his fault. Though it really isn't. We wanted this, right? Heck, we were trying for one for so long that even now, I can't really believe there is a little parasite in my uterus, making me sick.

I liked the thought of being pregnant. Now that I am.. hmmm. *whine*
Here's hoping for a better 2nd trimester.

No comments: