Tuesday, December 15, 2015

4 Week 6 days

It's important to him too

When I first got that BFP on my pregnancy test, I made an appointment with Dr Geraldine Tan. I was supposed to see her on the 16th of Oct for a blood test to confirm pregnancy. I was 12 dpo then. However, just as I left the house that morning, I received a call from her clinic saying she had an emergency c-section to attend to and my appointment would need to be cancelled.

That was when I panicked and rescheduled for a 26th Oct afternoon appointment. At the same time, I decided to go to Dr Koh at Raffles Medical to see if he's willing to just do a blood test for me. He was very efficient and emailed me my test results that very night.

I also made an appointment with Dr Koh for 23 Oct evening as a followup.

That was when I realised it was a little silly. I had an appt with Dr Koh on the 23rd, then another with Dr Tan on the 26th? Way too much.

Melvin accompanied me to Dr Koh's office on 23rd Oct and he was quite relieved to see the embryo sac. He was worried about it being ectopic, apparently. Too many horror stories online.

Anyway... Melvin was a little upset about the appointment with Dr Tan on the 26th because I had scheduled it to be in the afternoon and he was unable to take time off due to his busy schedule next week. I don't think he was upset with me. Mostly he was upset because he wouldn't be able to make it. As a result, I'm going to attempt to reschedule with Dr Tan so that Melvin can be present. Will probably try to do a week 7 or week 8 appointment. Hopefully we will get to see a heartbeat.

Please grow up healthy, my little embryo. And stop spotting already. I'm tired of sticking progesterone up my veejayjay.

No comments: