Tuesday, December 15, 2015

4 Weeks 5 Days Pregnant

4 Weeks 5 Days

My IVF was supposed to start on 19 Oct.

I got bored a few days before that and wanted to use up my pregnancy test kits because they were going to expire soon. Then I was going to buy new pee sticks.

To my surprise, I saw a faint positive line. I showed it to Melvin, of course. He wasn't sure about it because it was a 'can see, cannot see'.

So I arranged for a blood test on 16 Oct, and it gave me a HCG level of 87.6. Pregnant! But it was so early that the doctor wanted to arrange for another test... Plus there was nothing on the u/s...

I had that 2nd appointment today.

And we did an ultrasound... tadaaahh... there was a yolk sac. Meaning an embryo was attached somewhere. We didn't do the blood test in the end, because the yolk sac was there anyway.

I'll see the doc again for another scan a few weeks down the road.

I really hope it sticks.

On another note, my Chinese doctor was extremely smug when I told her I was pregnant. She kept saying she saved me $10 000 because I didn't need to do IVF anymore.
*laugh* She's good.



No comments: