Thursday, February 11, 2016

Week 20 - Severe back pain, and the realization that something is moving

The past week or so has been torturous. My back pain worsened. It started off with pain as I stand/sit or lean forward. Now it hurts to move, period. Sharp pain when I walk and all, so I limp around school going 'ow, ow, ow...' In fact, it's no longer accurate to call it a back pain. Seems more like a 'deep in right butt cheek' sort of pain. And panadol does NOT help.

Melvin has been an absolute rock. He does everything in the house now and doesn't even need nagging to get things done. He does all he can to make sure I'm comfy and happy. I'm so thankful he has been playing an active role in this pregnancy. In fact, he has tried to ensure he's there for all medical appointments as well. So far, he's only missed one because there was a looming deadline for some report.

The baby?fetus? has been moving around abit lately. I'm starting to feel random light pokes from inside. It's a little freaky. Started off as a "eh, is it? Maybe not.. could be gas". Now it's definitely poking me from inside. The pokes are not visible from the outside. Melvin put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel the pokes last night, and he couldn't feel a thing. We'll give it another go when the pokes eventually become.. karate kicks...

In the meantime, we've arranged for hospital tours and antenatal classes. I've also confirmed my confinement nanny. It's going to be a busy few months!

No comments: